Monday, April 7, 2014

Memorial to God's Timing

   I do not need to dwell on all that has happened this past weekend - suffice it to say, there were family struggles, chores to do, events to attend, I got sick with the flu, and we also had a fellowship meal at church. Now this coming week, we are stripping wallpaper, repainting the majority of a house, taking out old carpet and putting in new, and moving three of my family members in within the space of four days. Oh, and I am still working 10 ½ hour shifts four days this week. I am overwhelmed.
    But in that life, there are little gifts, memories of the all-powerful God's presence in my life. A conversation with one friend, a half hour of laughter and enthusiasm. An hour with another, honesty and a reminder that I did ask God for a life that would refine my spirit and bring His kingdom. Then, this morning, this text (ironic as that may be) from my closest cousin:
"Romans 15:4-5 For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, Love you, Kesse! Have an amazing day! :D"
    Going from a week of family struggles to another week of family-filled, stressed situations, where endurance is so much needed, could there be a better verse? My cousin had no idea what is happening in my life right now, and yet God sent me that, through her. God's timing is always perfect, and I will pray to remember that this coming week. God, your blessings on your church, my friends, and my family. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment