Wednesday I broke down and wept, unable to deny anymore how much I disliked God's gift, my work.
Thursday morning I woke to the phone, where a friend wept over the difficulties of her life and work.
Friday I prayed for us.
Saturday I spoke with a friend whose manager made life impossible, made work purgatory's semblance.
Sunday I heard that those under authority should do all things with a good will, as to the LORD.
I prayed more.
Monday I worked again.
Monday, our temperature outside started at -9 degrees, and inside the heating wasn't working. Monday, three people were out, and I took up to six times the number of calls on one line than I had in a year and half. Monday, we were all so busy few of our projects got done. Monday, we were overworked and frozen, bundled up (literately) messes whose tempers were not allowed to explode.
God, the irony of your timing is pointed. I acknowledge, I failed to appreciate my job as your gift for most of today.
But there was this.
There were these gifts, things unrealized at the time.
I learned something new, and was given a challenge--something I enjoy.
The time flew faster than it had in weeks.
Most of all, I was able to give help--appreciated help, help that meant something to the recipient--to two people today.
God, I thank you for those gifts. I thank you for that challenge, the wings You gave time, and the help You enabled me to give others, in this Monday of Mondays. God, tomorrow is Tuesday; overshadow me with Your wings, Spirit strengthen me, and God, give me grace to thank you for my work.
Thank you, too, for the irony of your perplexing timing. I do love your sense of humor.
No comments:
Post a Comment