Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Prayer

   "We ask thee for the daily strength; to none that ask denied. A mind to blend with outward life while keeping at thy side, content to fill a little space if thou be satisfied. "--Hymn 444 in the Blue Hymnal.
    God, I am sick, and weary. Nor am I strong in my faith or my discipline. But I have just read of those who were, Mary, who gave herself entirely to your devotion right before you went to die, and realized that such strength is a gift from you. I do ask you for the daily strength, to live through today, for it seems a wearier road than I would like, but more than that, for the spiritual strength to glorify you in thought, word, and deed throughout today. I ask that you would bring me to love you with all my heart, all my mind, and all my strength, and to love all those I see and hear as I love myself. For the sake of your son, who died that I might live, I ask these today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment